The BLOX Construction Team is looking for an experienced, Construction Safety & Health Manager to lead BLOX’s jobsite EHS program. This position is responsible for establishing and growing a positive safety and health culture within the BLOX Construction Team through coaching, engagement, and influencing action/change. In this role you will prioritize project safety activities with the BLOX construction team, lead the Implementation of the BLOX EHS program across multiple jobsites and in conjunction with multiple GCs, and oversee the construction project specific EHS activities.
Minimum 5-years Active Safety Experience within the Construct
Minimum 2-years actively engaged in safety at the project level
Skills You'll Need:
Education. Bachelor's Degree in Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Organizational Development, or a related field is preferred. CSP or CMSP desired.
• Knowledge of OSHA safety and health regulations, inspection, compliance, enforcement, and administrative procedures
• Ability to work with, and through, construction managers, project managers, superintendents, and employees to achieve program and performance goals, objectives, and compliance status
• Knowledge of adult learning principles and passion to educate others
• Strong facilitation skills
• Must be able to manage time effectively with minimal supervision
• Excellent project goal planning skills
• Root Cause Analysis experience
• Current OSHA 500 / 510 for the Construction Industry
• Demonstrated experience in the effective application of Loss Control principles
• Strong computer skills to include MS Office, PowerPoint, and Excel Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
• Must be comfortable in speaking up in a constructive manner to discuss/resolve problems, issues, or differences of opinion.
• Must be motivated, team-oriented, and dedicated to the discipline
• Review, advise, and recommend additions or changes to the Jobsite Safety Program in accordance with OSHA regulations, Company policies and project requirements.
• Act as the EHS liaison between the Construction Team, General Contractors, Subcontractors, and Government Agencies.
• Develop Job Hazard Analysis as needed for the project and assist any subcontractors with meeting this requirement.
• Advise BLOX Safety Director of any needed changes to the jobsite safety plan.
• Makes initial contact with Project Manager and Project Superintendent regarding project scope, expected hazards, anticipated contract partners, and budgeting information.
• Train Project Managers and Field Supervisors on their role in implementation and execution of the BLOX Safety Program and the Site-Specific Safety Plan.
• Monitor the implementation of the Site-Specific Safety Plan, all safety protocols and policies, risk management strategies, and on-site project requirements.
• Conduct Job Site Safety Audits to identify weaknesses and risks.
• Train Field Supervisors and Operators on OSHA compliance requirements.
• Assist Project Managers and Site Supervisors with weekly safety briefs and daily Job Safety Analyses (JSAs).
• Assist in interpretations and enforcement of any safety related manuals, hazards, or violations.
• Administer site safety orientation to new hires and subcontractors.
• Order safety supplies as needed or requested and approved by jobsite personnel, PM’s, Superintendent and/or Corporate Safety Director.
• Identify and coordinate environmental issues on project sites.
•Conduct weekly observations and equipment inspections.